Dr. Trisha Yamamoto
Dr. Trisha Yamamoto is a licensed chiropractor in the state of Virginia. She has practiced in Seattle, WA and Las Vegas, NV prior to settling in the Northern Virginia area in October 2016.
Dr. Trisha graduated with her Bachelors of Science in Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Science from the University of Hawaii. She then furthered her education at Life Chiropractic College West in Hayward, CA where she graduated with academic honors. Dr. Trisha has also studied over 180 hours in the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association program and is Webster Certified in the care of pregnant women.
While in Seattle, Dr. Trisha used an upper cervical technique, focusing on the top two bones of the neck to rid the body of subluxation. This gentle wellness model was applied to all ages, from children to older adults, allowing them to function at an optimal level without hearing any “popping” noise.
Working in Las Vegas was a significant change for Dr. Trisha. She focused on patients that were injured in motor vehicle collisions only. Due to the nature of the injuries, full spine adjusting, extensive therapeutic modalities and exercise were involved with the treatment of each patient. Dr. Trisha was the primary care physician for each of these legal cases. She had to know when and where to refer the patient if needed, keep in contact with each attorney, and keep track of everything that was provided to each individual patient.
Throughout her career, Dr. Trisha has learned a variety of adjusting techniques and models to serve patients exact needs. She has experienced the true healing power of chiropractic and has dedicated her work to helping others live life to the fullest.
Dr. Miok Hyoun
* Graduated from Palmer Chiropractic College – the oldest chiropractic college in the world
* Licensed to practice chiropractic and physical therapy modalities
* Has practiced in New Jersey, Connecticut and Virginia
* She has a special interest in treating sports injuries and family care
* Fluent both in English and Korean
Habib Shams M.D., D.C., D.N.M., I.M.D.
*LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
License / Certificate
State / Province
|Licensed Chiropractic Physician||Ontario and British Columbia, Canada|
|Licensed Chiropractic Physician||Pennsylvania, Ohio and Virginia, USA|
|Licensed Medical Doctor||All European Union (EU) countries|
|Licensed Doctor on Natural Medicine||USA and Canada|
|Licensed Doctor of Integrative Medicine||USA and Canada|
|Award of Proficiency in Chiropractic X-Ray||Pennsylvania, USA|
|CPR certificate from American Heart Association||Pennsylvania, USA|
|Phlebotomy and Intravenous Infusion Certification||Ohio, USA|
*” Licensing history contains active and inactive licensure material- contact the Doctor for current licensure specificities”
Course title Institution Time
Doctor of Integrative Medicine Board of Orthomolecular and Integrative Medicine,
Toronto, Ontario 2010
Doctor of Natural Medicine Board of Natural Medicine, Toronto, Ontario. 2009
Doctor of Chiropractic New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, NY 2004
Medical Doctor Perugia University, College of Medicine, Perugia, Italy 1990
Consulting Physician and Chiropractor 2009-2012
Canadian Decompression and Pain Center, Toronto, Ontario
Bayview-Sheppard Multidisciplinary Clinic
- · Consulting patients with Neuro Musculo Skeletal pain and spondylalgia.
- · Patient evaluation for objective and subjective presentation.
- · Prescribing appropriate spinal decompression protocol for the patient’s condition.
- · Recommendation of necessary home exercises and modification of Activities of Daily Living to support the prescribed treatment.
- · Patient reassessment during the course of treatment and evaluation of patient’s response to the
treatment.· Chiropractic manipulation therapy.
Chiropractic Physician. 2004-2009
Penn Center Chiropractic Clinic and Ross Chiropractic Center. Pittsburgh, PA.
- · Patient consultation, examination, radiograph taking and reading, diagnosing, report of findings,
treatment plan, chiropractic manipulation/treatment and patient rehabilitation.
- · Performing periodic educational health lectures and seminars for in-patients and other members of the community.
- · Management of the clinic and staff, including front desk personal, office manager, CHAs, massage therapists, rehab assistants, organizing weekly staff meeting, evaluating staff reports and office goal setting.
- · Organizing spinal screenings, health lectures and workshops, participation to health faire events and other forms of promotional and advertisement events.
- · Financial management of the office, taking necessary steps to improve office revenue and control of office overheads.
- · Visiting other health care providers and professionals in the area for mutual cooperation to improve healthcare standards in the community.
Surgical Assistant. 1997- 2000
Ohio State University (James Cancer Hospital), Columbus, OH.
- · Assisting surgical team during operation, scrubbing, disinfecting the area, exposing the operation site, suturing and draping.
International Surveyor and Sales Representative of Nutritional and Pharmaceutical products. 1995-1997
Persimex Pharmaceuticals, Columbus, OH.
- · Sales representative of various supplements, vitamins, minerals and herbal remedies in raw and final format to different international nutritional or pharmaceutical companies.
Santa Maria Hospital and private clinics, Perugia, Italy 1990-1995
- · Working as a physician in internal medicine and dermatology.
Training course Organization
Nutritional Supplement College of Chiropractic of British Columbia.
Sexual Impropriety & Risk Management College of Chiropractic of British Columbia.
Documenting the Impairment of the Vertebral Subluxation in Whiplash.
Chiropractic Fellowship of Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh, PA.
The Adjusting, Supporting, and Rehabilitative Approach to Common Sports Injuries.
Palmer College of Chiropractic, Pittsburgh, PA.
Thopmson Technique. Palmer College of Chiropractic, Pittsburgh, PA.
Myofascial Pain Syndrome: Trigger Point Therapy, University of Bridgeport, Pittsburgh, PA.
Principals and Techniques on Basic and Advanced
Activator Methods I, II. New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, NY.
Basic and Advanced Methods of Management of
New York Chiropractic College, Depew Clinic, Buffalo, NY.
Proficiency in Chiropractic X-Ray. American Chiropractic Registry of Radiologic
Techniques, Harrisburg, PA.
PROFESSIONAL SEMINARS & PRESENTATIONS
Seminar subject Location
Emergency Care Seneca Falls, NY and Monroeville, PA
How to remain healthy Buffalo, NY
Ergonomics Tonawanda, NY
Stress Management Monroeville, PA
Women’s Health Monroeville and West View, PA
Why you can’t lose weight West View, PA
- · American Chiropractic Association.
- · New York State Chiropractic Association.
- · International Chiropractic Association.
- · Activator and Soft Tissue Club Member.
- · Business Network International Member.
- · Monroeville Area Chamber of Commerce Member.